Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Snow

I sent this video to my friend "OG" who has retired to the South. For some reason I could not get it to work once the blog published.
It showed a man coming out to a a line of snow covered cars after a long day at work. He is with out a shovel or brushes so he uses his hand, brief case etc. to remove the snow. Once he got most of the car cleared , he used his key chain to unlock it and the another car responded.

I asked OG him if he missed snow and this is what he had to say:

"Ya know what? I don't miss digging my car out, putting out a marker, praying my marker wouldn't be disturbed, finding a neighbor didn't give a damn about my marker when i got back,and wishing I could trash his car but knowing he's the big crazy dude who lives next door, and I'd seen him when it took five cops to handcuff him last sumnmer when he was drunk and stood butt-naked pissin' off his porch and yelling drunken epithets at everybody. Naw, I don't miss the snow at all." You can take a guy out of Beantown, but you can't take the Boston outta the guy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Probably even more so for the neighbor than for your friend!

DeanB said...

I lived in California for my last 2 years of high school and I did miss the snow. It's really not the city snow I missed, though, but the snow on fields and trees and mountains and even big backyards where there's room for it. I agree in the city it's just a nuisance. Well, even in the city one or two inches is pretty.