Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pledge Update


I spoke with B, C and M about voting. One of the girls said that she had registered on line. However, it wasn't the city of Boston but some generic site. Another of the girls told me that she hasn't yet registered, but her mom has been speaking with her about it. Way to go MOM ! I told her that this may be one of the biggest historical events in her life and that she needs to be a part of it and that I would help her. I also told the girls to be on the look out for getting out the vote opportunities in their communities which may save them a trip to City Hall.

So I have to get over to the Boston Website and check out deadlines and provisions for absent ballots.. Next I have to reach out to my young friends on Face book. A lot of them are college freshman and I remember what that was like. Between studying and the rest of college life, voting could be lost in the mix.
Yeah Facebook. I'm down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was old enough to vote. I'm ready. I turn 18 the month after the elections so it stinks because I really want to vote.

It's cool you have a blog too! I wonder who else does...

Anonymous said...

1. I nominate that picture for the win.

2. Deadline is Oct 15th, next Wednesday. I am trying to get out of work early on Thursday to go to City Hall and register because I mailed my registration 8 weeks ago and it's still not in the system. So I want to be F-ing sure I can exercise my right.