Monday, February 04, 2008

Gosh !

I can't believe i haven't posted in a month ! Sorry guys !
I have been knitting up a storm, but I can't find my camera. Hopefully it is around some where.

I made a hat for a neighbor in Lamb's Pride Superwash in Cornflower. It was awfully cute, so I am making one for my self in cream colored Cashmerino. It is almost done.
Plus, the Big Red Sweater has to be seamed. I have done the shoulders 3 times already, and I have decided on a "woven" type seam, but the cables on either side are off by a quarter of an inch. Sheesh ! Back to the drawing board.

Also stared are a pair of Toddler socks for A4A in the Yankee Knitter pattern gifted me by Bloggless Alice in Regia Crazy color and this is one bright and happy little sock ! I must admit this is a really nice pattern, very easy and painless.

I also started the Fleece Artist thrummed mitten kit given to me by blogless Irene for my birthday last year. And since it is Fleece Artist, the yarn is beautiful and will match my brown coat. Irene also gave me a pair of fabulous mittens 'Just because' in December. These are expert Komi, which I will never attempt. I borrowed this photo of them as I am camera-less and what is a Blog without pix ? Borrrrring !



Aren't they wonderful ? I am trying to walk more and I really need to keep my hands warm.

I have been spending the majority of my socal time with my knitters and it has been great, although I am getting too much yarn through swaps and shopping. So, today I bought some yarn in to my friend Beth who knit about 15 baby hats for me for China last year. This year we are knitting for Darfur and China and Afghans for Afghanistan - Beth will do hats and I intend to concerntrate on socks and mittens.

Ciao for now !

No comments: